The SQL Server 2008 Developer Training Kit will help you understand how to build web applications which deeply exploit the rich data types, programming models and new development paradigms in SQL Server 2008.
SQL Server 2008 offers an impressive array of capabilities for developers that build upon key innovations introduced in SQL Server 2005. The SQL Server 2008 Developer Training Kit will help you understand how to build web applications which deeply exploit the rich data types, programming models and new development paradigms in SQL Server 2008. The training kit is brought to you by Microsoft Developer and Platform Evangelism.
Overview and Benefits
The training kit offers the following benefits:
- Learn how to build web applications that exploit the unique features and capabilities of SQL Server 2008.
- Provides a comprehensive set of presentations, demos and hands-on labs
- Designed for web developers who are already familiar with SQL Server application development.
- Easy to download and install and works on free editions of SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008.
The training kit is designed for the following technical roles:
- Web developers who build applications for the Microsoft platform.
- Microsoft evangelists, technical specialists and consultants.
The training kit includes the following content:
- Presentations (6)
- Date and Time Types
- Reporting Services
- Demos (12)
- AdventureWorks Racing All-Up SQL Server 2008 Demo
- SQL Server 2008 All-Up Spatial Demo
- Spatial Types Demo
- Intro to Filestream Demo
- SQL CLR Nullable Types Demo
- Programming with Filestream Demo
- Reporting Services Web Application Integration Demo
- Date and Time Support in SQL Server 2008 Demo
- T-SQL Table-Valued Parameters Demo
- T-SQL Row Constructors Demo
- T-SQL Grouping Sets Demo
- T-SQL Merge Demo
- Hands-on Labs (3)
- Using Spatial Data in TSQL
- Using Spatial Data in Managed Code
- Using SQL CLR in SQL Server 200